Workshops & Events
- This event has passed.
Creative Junk Journaling for Tea Lovers
June 3 @ 10:00 am - June 4 @ 3:00 pm$245.00
In this fun and creative two-day workshop, participants will learn how to create a soft-cover tea-themed junk journal. A junk journal is a hand-made book that is created using recycled and found materials and ephemera. The pages can be used to write, draw, collage, or record memories, thoughts, ideas and inspiration. Tea lovers can use their journal to record teas tasted or tea rooms visited, for example. All materials and tools will be provided.
Saturday June 3, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Sunday June 4, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
What participants should bring to class:
A brown-bag lunch and any desired snacks and drinks. (A refrigerator and microwave are available on-site in the break room.)
What will be provided:
- Materials to create & embellish your journal cover.
- An abundance of paper ephemera including book pages, scrapbook paper, maps, grid paper, lined paper, envelopes, and a variety of tea-themed images.
- All necessary tools for cutting and binding the journal.
- All necessary tapes and glues. (Just wait until you see the selection of tea-themed washi tape!)
- Materials for embellishing your journal such as tea-themed rubber stamps and stencils.