Workshops & Events
- This event has passed.
Upcycled Junk Journals
January 28 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm$145.00
In this fun and creative all-day workshop that includes a 30-minute lunch break, participants will learn how to construct and create an upcycled junk journal in a hard-bound book. A junk journal is a handmade book of recycled and found materials and ephemera. The pages can be used to write, draw, paint, or record memories, thoughts, ideas, and inspiration. The finished junk journal can become anything you want.
What YOU should bring to the class:
- A brown bag lunch and any desired snacks and drinks. A refrigerator and microwave are available on-site in the break room.
- One hard-bound book. Check out used bookstores or thrift shops for inexpensive options. NOTE: Pages need to be sewn, not glued into the book.
Participants are encouraged to work with the theme of their choice in creating their journal and are encouraged to bring paper ephemera and images that correspond to their chosen theme. The instructor will help participants locate materials that correspond with desired themes
What will be provided:
- An abundance of paper ephemera, including book pages, scrapbook paper, maps, grid paper, lined paper, envelopes, assorted cards and bookmarks, stamps
- All necessary tools for cutting materials and binding the journal
- All necessary tapes and glues
- Materials for embellishing the journal, such as rubber stamps, inks, and colored pencils
- Extra hard-bound books